Saturday, November 29, 2008

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper- Ben Franklin

Drinking great beer is one of my favorite hobbies. I go to tastings weekly, I try new beers with a group of friends monthly, and I go to dinners and festivals regularly.

I love beer for a number of reasons. It's a social drink. You go to the pub and have a pint and talk the the person next to you. I find beer countries to be open and friendly. Beer is also cheap. An exceptional bottle of beer costs $8-15, less than the cost of an average bottle of wine. Beer also has incredible range and can go from light to dark, sweet to sour, low alcohol to over 20 percent. Beer is a creative venture. Brewers create new beers and explore new techniques all the time, yet there are styles that have existed for over 1000 years.

From time to time, I will post information on different beers or beer events. I don't have a particular favorite style, but some of my favorites are Russian Imperial Stouts, Belgian Strong Ales, and India Pale Ales. Cheers!

No comments: